protected by coast
Coast Insurance is a specialist vessel insurer offering comprehensive cover and various liability options for a range of commercial vessels.
- Recovery or removal of wreck up to $1,000,000
- Transit cover providing the vessel is being towed on its own trailer
- We will pay the reasonable cost of taking action to minimise loss/removal to safety if your vessel gets into difficulties
- If agreed in writing, we will cover fishing and diving equipment
Our comprehensive cover options:
DAMAGE TO VESSEL
Includes the hull, machinery, equipment and accessories, sails, masts, spars, rigging, trailer and tender.
- Accidental damage
- Storm damage
- Malicious damage
- Repairer negligence
THIRD PARTY LEGAL LIABILITY
Includes you and other skippers of the vessel.
- Legal liability for accidental damage to other people’s property
- Legal liability for accidental death or bodily injury to a person other than you or your crew
- Berth holders liability
Includes death or bodily injury to you arising directly from using your craft.
Accidental death or bodily injury or illness to a passenger while:
- Being carried by the commercial vessel or,
- Entering or leaving the commercial vessel including on a jetty, pontoon or wharf operated or maintained by you
- Death, bodily injury or illness caused by food or drink prepared and serviced by you.
- Accidental damage to the personal effects of a passenger.
Includes cover for your commercial vessel against pollution liability
Physical damage caused by accidental spillage or leakage of oil, petrol, sewerage from your vessel.
Types of vessels we insure
- Charter vessels
- Fleets of small craft for hire (power, sail or paddle craft)
- Small work boats
- Vessel fleets owned by yacht or rowing clubs available for use by members
- Vessels owned by yacht or rowing clubs used for rescue or by race organisers
- Demonstration craft and stock of water craft owned or held by marine dealerships