Another year is just beginning, and it offers so many opportunities for boating enthusiasts to explore the amazing world of boating.
The year ahead promises to be busy with a full calendar that includes regattas, yacht shows, and rendezvous. Do not forget to add these important dates to the calendar.
Australian Wooden Boat Festival – 10 – 13 February 2023
The four-day festival is held along Hobart’s lively waterfront and brings together the best wooden boats from the southern hemisphere.
These beautiful boats will be displayed both afloat as well as on the shore. The festival also features live entertainment, local food, demonstrations, and other activities.
Visit the Australian Wooden Boat Festival website for more details.
Sydney SailGP – 18th February & 19th February 2023
Shark Island, Sydney
Sail GP returns for its third year. This event promises great vibes, entertainment, and some old fashion rivalry. Teams from France, Great Britain and Japan will be competing against us in a series short race. The event will show off Sydney Harbour’s finest, with fast, thrilling racing and a range of ticketed and complimentary spectator experiences both on-water and off-water. All this, in front of a breathtaking backdrop.
You can enjoy the day on Shark Island, or from one of the spectator boats. The Harbour will be glistening, and drinks flowing. You can expect the same adrenaline-filled party atmosphere as Formula One with delicious food, cocktails, and great service.
Check out the Australian Sail GP page for tickets.
Robe Boat, Fishing & Leisure Show – 18 – 19 February 2023
Lake Butler Marina, Robe SA
This will be an amazing event with incredible boats of all sizes and shapes. You can find everything from one-man dinghies, luxury catamarans that will take you to exotic islands, and everything in between.
The Lifestyle section will feature luxury vehicles such as tow cars, SUVs, 4x4s, caravans, and other outdoor equipment. There’s something for everyone.
The park will offer additional attractions for children of all ages. The Limestone Coast offers many options for handcrafted beer and wines, including a play area for children, as well as locally sourced food.
National 4×4 Outdoors Show, Fishing & Boating Expo Brisbane – 17 – 19 March 2023
There are more than 200 exhibitors at the National 4×4 Outdoors Show and Fishing and Boating Expo. You will find everything you need, including 4×4 accessories, off-road trailers, tents and awnings, boats, fishing equipment, camping gear, and more. All exhibiters will be available to provide advice and latest products and offer great deals.
Strat planning your next adventure here, visit the show’s website for the latest updates.
Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show Thursday 25th – Sunday 28th May 2023
Sanctuary Cove, QLD
The Sanctuary Cove Boat Show is located on the sunny Gold Coast, at the Marine Village Sanctuary Cove. It promises thrills and innovations as well as a great time.
It attracts over 45,000 people, who visit 300+ exhibitors. This is a long weekend every boat enthusiast should experience. Although 4 days may seem like a long time, it is not and you’ll struggle to see everything.
Sanctuary Cove offers everything you need, from Flite Boards and Tow Boggans to cutting-edge fishing technology and superyachts. It is like Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory for boating. All things marine-related can be found here, and it is a must-see for everyone!
Visit the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show website for more information.
Melbourne Boat Show – TBD 2023
The RACV Melbourne Boat Show will be celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2023. It is certain to bring the best of Australia’s boating and other water-related activities.
The message of the show is that life is better when you have a boat. They host a wide range of exhibitors from Victoria, and beyond. Whittley Marina, DockPro and BL Marine were just a few of the many exhibitors that participated last year.
Melbourne is a great spot to start if you are looking to get involved in the national boating scene, and to keep up to date with developments with a wider audience. Check out their website to stay up to date with the event date and other information.
Sydney International Boat Show –3rd August – 7th August 2023
For the past 16 years, The Sydney International Boat Show has displayed multiple vessels along with the best of Australia’s offerings.
Held at Cockle Bay Wharf, this is one of the most prestigious events in the boating calendar. It is a great opportunity to learn about new technologies and products in the industry.
There are many exhibitors to suit your needs, whether you’re looking for a boat sharing opportunity or a luxury yacht for purchase. This event is all about boating and all those who love it.
Head to the Sydney International Boat Show website for more information.
Perth Boat Show – 15 – 17 September 2023
Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
The Club Marine Perth International Boat Show hosts the biggest boating event in Western Australia.
The Show will feature new boat displays, as well as entertainment, attractions, and activities for all ages. Showcasing WA’s boating culture it includes information, tips, education, and advice that will help you get started in boating.
Head to their website to grab your tickets.
These are just a few of the major boat shows and events held in Australia, but there are also many smaller shows and events held throughout the year in different regions and cities.
At Coast Insurance, we believe all boat enthusiasts should head to a boat show or event. There are several reasons why:
- To see the latest boats and boating gear: Boat shows and events provide an opportunity to see the latest models and trends in boats and boating gear, including new designs, features, and technology. This can be a great way to get a sense of what’s available and what’s coming soon, and to compare different options side-by-side.
- To get expert advice and information: Many boats shows, and events feature educational seminars and workshops, where experts in the field provide information and advice on a wide range of boating topics, such as maintenance, navigation, safety, and more. This can be a great way to learn more about boating, or to get answers to specific questions you might have.
- To meet other boaters: Boat shows and events are a great opportunity to meet other boaters and to connect with people who share your interest in boating. You can learn from others’ experiences, share tips and advice, and make new friends.
- To see boats in person: Boat shows and events offer the opportunity to see a wide range of boats in person, which can be beneficial when deciding which type or model of boat to buy. It’s a good idea to look at a boat in person before making a purchase.
- To save money: Many boats show, and events offer special deals and discounts on boats and boating gear, so you can save money on your purchase.
- Entertainment: Many boat shows have entertainment for visitors, such as live music, food, and other activities that make the event more fun and enjoyable.
Overall, boat shows, and events can be a great way to learn more about boating, to connect with other boaters, and to find the perfect boat or boating gear to suit your needs and interests.
Need cover for your pride and joy?
If you’d like an obligation free quote for your pleasure craft insurance, please get in touch.